We have all seen the devastation caused by opioid addiction from loved ones and coworkers to community members. It is time to make an impact and offer people a different path for pain relief and prevention. With one in five American adults reporting chronic pain, millions are in need of a safe approach to relieving and solving pain, and Dr. Sharma’s excellent book offers the guidance and hope they seek.
With empathy and solid scientific insight, Dr. Sharma offers a personalized five-step pain relief program built on what she calls “microboosts,” little steps that add up to big pain relief. Her techniques help readers:
· understand the unique aspects of their pain
· visualize doing their most cherished activities without pain
· easily incorporate food changes to alleviate pain and inflammation
· move better, at home and at work, to release natural neurochemical painkillers
· recharge and recover through sleep, mindfulness, stress reduction, and supportive social relationships
All of Sharma’s techniques are illustrated with inspiring patient examples and personal stories, creating the kind of practical, warm, and inspiring doctor visit we all might hope for, only in book form. Her methods allow readers not only to imagine but also to create, step-by-step, the pain-free life they deserve.