(Part of the Entrepreneurship & Networking for Doctors Conference)
Each day there are thousands of medical device ideas that are lost in the ether as the costly and convoluted pathway of medical device design pushes most away. The abandonment of numerous potentially life-saving devices results in an incalculable loss.
The digital age has removed many barriers to device design and has enabled one to go from idea to genesis rapidly and cost-effectively.
This lecture will illustrate how one can advance from an idea to a tangible device. I will demonstrate how one can articulate a medical device into a sketch, convert this sketch to a three-dimensional design, and from this design to a functional prototype.
From this presentation, you will be able to progress your next multimillion-dollar idea from a napkin sketch to a tangible product.
- The importance of turning ideas into reality: I will discuss the impact that medical devices can have on patients and the healthcare industry, and how turning an idea into a tangible product can be incredibly rewarding.
- The step-by-step process: I will break down the process of taking an idea from a napkin sketch to a medical device, including brainstorming, research, testing, and prototyping.
- Common challenges and how to overcome them: I will discuss common challenges that inventors face, such as funding and regulatory hurdles, and share strategies for overcoming these challenges.
- Case studies: I will provide real-life examples of my own experiences taking ideas from napkin sketches to medical devices, highlighting the successes and challenges along the way.
- Why you should attend this lecture: This lecture is designed for anyone interested in turning their ideas into reality, whether you are a physician, inventor, or healthcare professional. You will walk away with practical tips and strategies for bringing your ideas to life, and be inspired by the impact that medical devices can have on patients and the healthcare industry.