Job boards can be useful to doctors for various reasons, facilitating job searches and career management, as well as allowing them to post their own searches for staff that can work in their practices.
I wanted to build a job board for a while now, knowing that we, here at SoMeDocs, stand for the autonomy of doctors. In doing this, I know that I have to constantly come up with new resources for my colleagues to “stay afloat”, especially as they continue to brainstorm on how to fix the system, how to break free from the shackles of practice, and how to better connect with, and treat, patients on their own terms (which leads to better healing).
When the doctor is working on their own terms, the doctor is happy. When the doctor is happy, there’s more bandwidth for the treatment of patients.
Doctors today are doing SO MANY things on the side. Join an exclusive Facebook community (for medical docs, dentists, podiatrists) to discuss everything from publishing, to real estate, to ways we build wealth or satisfy our extracurricular needs (& stay happy).
In pondering whether I should implement the job board, I came up with a few reasons why it would be of relevance.
Here are those five reasons:
- Access to Diverse Opportunities: Job boards provide doctors with a centralized platform to access a wide range of job opportunities. This includes positions in different specialties, locations, and types of healthcare institutions. Doctors can explore various options to find a job that aligns with their preferences and career goals. Same with members of the public, who will be able to access a public job board that our doctors can list into!
- Cost-Efficient Listings: We already have a large cohort of doctors as members of SoMeDocs. By adding in this function, and making listings free, we further facilitate significant impact within healthcare, at a low barrier of entry (much like our other features and offerings).
- Up-to-Date Information: Job boards are regularly updated with new job postings, ensuring that those with a healthcare focus have access to the latest opportunities in the healthcare industry. This real-time information allows them to stay informed about job openings, changes in demand, and emerging trends within their field.
- Wide Range of Positions: the beauty of our website is that it is public. This means that anyone who’s seeking health and healthcare resources can land here, and find what they may need. A job board that offers this is needed.
- Networking and Community Engagement: Some job boards incorporate networking features, forums, or communities where doctors can connect with other professionals in their field. This networking aspect can provide insights into the job market, industry trends, and even lead to mentorship opportunities. Engaging with the community on a job board can enhance a doctor’s professional network and open doors to collaborative ventures.
I wanted to make ours better, though, than existing job boards.
I brainstormed through how I could accomplish this best until, finally, I had my answer:
I would make it free for doctors to use! On both ends!
After all, we are all about promoting the autonomy of individual doctors everywhere!
Right there and then, the SoMeDocs Job Board foundation was laid out, and I am now building out the space, laying out the groundwork, and readying to build.
Here’s the bottom line: our job board will offer those in the healthcare field a streamlined and efficient way to explore diverse job opportunities, stay updated on the latest openings, and engage with a broader professional network.
We’re bringing it to you soon, readers.