This lecture is for anyone who cares for breastfeeding people and didn’t receive much lactation education during training. That means just about anyone! But those on the front-lines – pediatricians, family physicians, and OB/Gyn – will likely get the most out of this lecture.
You will walk away knowing:
- How to help a baby and mom achieve an effective and pain-free latch
- How to evaluate an observed breastfeeding session
- How to do a weighted feeding to assess a baby’s milk transfer at the breast
- What are common breastfeeding problems and how you can troubleshoot them in your office
- How to know when to recommend pumping and dumping (this is very rarely needed!)