I’ve been conflicted, for years, about establishing an interactive space where doctors could fairly, and transparently, share their side ventures.
But it is time.
As a profession, we needed our own space, where there were clear rules (because without rules there would be no structure, and therefore be value added), and where doctors could also freely share both what they’re creating and the resources they use. We additionally need a proper place for marketing ourselves and what we have created.
You may be wondering what, exactly, we could be discussing, as doctors, where it comes to side ventures.
Believe it or not, there are MANY factors to consider, and not always someone impartial we can ask.
Here are just a few of the question that will be posed within our new group, in addition to anonymous postings from specific perspectives, shared to facilitate conversation and get the group interacting and networking (remember, the key to our space is that we will allow everyone to share others’ resources and their own, in the comment section!):
- What types of side ventures have doctors explored in addition to their medical practice?
- How do we balance our time between our primary medical work and our side venture?
- What inspired us to pursue a side venture in addition to our medical career?
- How has our side venture impacted our professional development and skill set?
- What challenges have we encountered while juggling our side ventures and medical practice?
You can now watch the lectures our verified health professionals deliver anytime, anywhere. Choose from various topics using our filters, and sit back and learn.
- Have we found any particular side ventures to be more compatible with our medical career than others?
- How do we ensure that our side ventures align with the ethical standards of the medical profession?
- Have we encountered any conflicts of interest between our side venture and our medical practice?
- How do we market and promote our side venture to attract patients, clients or customers?
- What resources or support systems have we found helpful in managing our side ventures?
- Have we faced any legal or regulatory considerations related to our side ventures as doctors?
- How do we maintain a work-life balance while pursuing your side venture?
We worked hard to build a useful series for our readers. Access each lecture now. It’s free.
- Have we seen any positive impacts of our side ventures on our medical practice or patient care?
- What strategies do we use to manage our finances effectively with our side ventures?
- Should we consider collaborating with other healthcare professionals in our side ventures?
- What advice would we give to fellow doctors considering a side venture in their career?
- How do we handle potential conflicts between our side ventures and professional obligations as doctors?
- Have we encountered any unexpected opportunities or benefits through our side ventures?
- What skills or experiences from our medical career have we found valuable in our side venture?
- How do we stay up-to-date with the latest developments in our side venture industry?
- Have we faced any personal or professional sacrifices due to our side ventures?
- How do we prioritize the responsibilities between our medical practice and side venture?
- What advice would we give to colleagues looking to diversify their income through side ventures?
- How do we handle the potential risk of burnout while managing our side venture?
- Have we found any particular networking or professional organizations beneficial for our side venture?
- What strategies do we use to effectively manage our time and energy with our side venture?
- How do we navigate potential conflicts of interest when our side venture involves medical products or services?
- Have we encountered any challenges in obtaining necessary licenses or certifications for our side venture?
- What future opportunities or growth do we see in our side venture industry for doctors?
- How has our side venture impacted our overall satisfaction and fulfillment in our medical career?
Sharing these, and other such questions, in a safe, interactive space where we gather virtually with colleagues just like ourselves, is key to discussions, growth, and even actual implementation of change. I’ve believed it since the first day I “stepped foot” online and I continue to believe it today, years after having built a website that showcases much of our work, and houses physician profiles, articles, and lectures.
Through SoMeDocs, I’m excited to birth this new, and necessary, arm.
Though it isn’t a simple task, I do believe some important goals can be achieved through a Facebook group – exchange of our experiences, facilitation of discussions in this niche, and the facilitation of effective networking.
Has it been attempted before? Sure.
But because those who attempted to achieve it (the building of a space of this kind) did so without transparency, and because I tried to wait it out so patiently to no avail, I’m no longer conflicted. It’s on.
Because some of those who attempted to achieve it (the building of a space for side ventures) did so without transparency, & because I tried to wait it out so patiently to no avail, I'm no longer conflicted. It's on. Click To Tweet
I believe it can be done well. And so I’m tackling it here, through SoMeDocs.
I’m ready to give it a go.
I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to being egged on over the years to build this out. A large number of my peers have seen what I was able to build, in SoMeDocs, knowing how handy my skills and expertise could serve in opening a space of this kind.
And so, as it goes in the Lion King, it is time.
Oh, and if you’d like to join us, you can do so here. You’ll have to provide proof that you’re a doctor, of course. But if you already have a profile on SoMeDocs, just drop that link and you’ll get right in (because to get a profile on our site, we vet!).