LinkedIn profile enhancement has been on the minds of many a-doctors online.
Here, at SoMeDocs, we value platforms that give us free presence, and allow us to network freely.
In that vein, I felt it would be relevant to share 28 ideas for making your LinkedIn profile more interesting.
Whether you’re a doctor with a busy cash-based practice, or an employed physician looking to grow your “brand” (to get a speaking gig, promote your writing, or even just explore), this list can certainly help you.
Even better, we will be expanding on each of these items, in the coming month, so be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, to get the latest published!
You can now watch the lectures our verified health professionals deliver anytime, anywhere. Choose from various topics using our filters, and sit back and learn.
Below are the 28 ideas I will be covering, to make your LinkedIn profile more interesting and engaging, to help you make connections and secure more speaking engagements:
- Optimize your profile headline: Use a catchy and descriptive headline that highlights your expertise as a doctor and speaker. Read some examples in an expanded follow-up article here.
- Add a professional profile picture: Choose a high-quality, friendly, and approachable photo that reflects your personality. Read 21 ways to do this here.
- Craft a compelling summary: Write a concise and engaging summary that showcases your experience, expertise, and passion for speaking and healthcare. More here.
- Highlight your unique selling proposition: Clearly communicate what sets you apart from other doctors and speakers in your field.
- Showcase your achievements: List notable accomplishments, awards, certifications, and speaking engagements you have undertaken.
- Include relevant keywords: Incorporate industry-specific keywords throughout your profile to increase visibility in searches.
- Create a multimedia-rich experience: Upload videos, photos, or infographics that showcase your speaking engagements or highlight your medical practice.
- Share valuable content: Regularly post informative articles, insights, and tips related to healthcare and your areas of expertise.
- Engage with your network: Respond to comments, share insightful thoughts, and participate in relevant discussions to build relationships with your connections.
- Seek endorsements and recommendations: Ask colleagues, patients, and attendees from speaking engagements to provide endorsements and recommendations that highlight your skills and expertise.
- Participate in LinkedIn Groups: Join and actively participate in industry-specific groups to expand your network and demonstrate your knowledge.
- Connect with thought leaders: Reach out to influential figures in your field and engage with their content to increase your visibility and credibility.
- Publish articles: Share your expertise and insights by publishing articles on LinkedIn to reach a wider audience.
- Provide valuable insights: Comment on relevant industry news and share your unique perspectives to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Create a consistent posting schedule: Regularly share updates, articles, or insights to stay top-of-mind with your connections and followers.
- Utilize hashtags: Incorporate relevant hashtags in your posts to increase discoverability and reach a broader audience.
- Participate in LinkedIn Live: Host live sessions where you share your expertise, answer questions, and engage with your audience in real-time.
- Share patient/customer success stories: Highlight positive patient outcomes and testimonials to showcase your expertise and build trust.
- Offer free resources: Create downloadable resources, such as e-books or guides, and share them on your profile to provide value to your audience.
- Engage with multimedia posts: Like, comment, and share engaging posts, especially those that align with your expertise and interests.
- Follow relevant influencers: Identify key influencers in your industry and follow their profiles to stay updated on the latest trends and insights.
- Cross-promote on other platforms: Share links to your LinkedIn profile on other social media platforms or your website to encourage cross-platform engagement.
- Share upcoming speaking engagements: Create posts or articles about your upcoming speaking engagements, providing details and encouraging attendance.
- Create LinkedIn polls: Engage your network by creating polls related to healthcare topics or speaking themes to spark discussions and gather insights.
- Network at events: Attend relevant industry events and conferences, and connect with attendees, speakers, and organizers on LinkedIn.
- Utilize LinkedIn Ads: Consider running targeted LinkedIn Ads to increase your visibility and reach a wider audience of potential connections and speaking opportunities.
- Show your human side: Share personal stories or experiences that humanize your profile and make you relatable to your audience.
- Offer pro bono speaking engagements: Occasionally offer to speak at events or conferences for free to expand your reach and gain exposure.
By sharing this article with YOUR social media audience, you help us stay alive, and even grow. Tag us (@SoMeDocs) and we’ll swoop in to thank ‘ya!
So there you have it. 28 ideas!
Don’t forget that each of these ideas will be expanded upon, in the coming month.
Oh, and if you can keep a secret, here’s a sneak peek at our latest adventure: we are opening up a Facebook group called Doctor Side Ventures, and opening it up to verified docs. Anyone with a SoMeDocs profile gets in quickly (because we’ve already verified you!) Want an early in? You can find it here.